Here's The story of the mother:
Thursday, March 8, 2012
The "R" word...
Okay so a mother who has a 9 year old that has cerebral palsy( a group of disorders that can involve brain and nervous system functions such as movement, learning, hearing, seeing, and thinking). So yeah he does have a few disabilities, as many others in the world do too. Some people do not realize the impact of saying that he is "retarded" or a "retard". It's painful, especially for parents. I know that tons of people do say R word constantly and do not even thinking about it. I know that I used to... Until my mother got very involved in working in the medical field and she told me about Rosa's Law in 2010. Rosa's law basically eliminates the use of the word retarded in any federal health, education and labor law.I believe that the R word should stop being used. But what would make people conscious of the pain that they are causing people. Many people are jerks though and could care less, especially young people. I mean there is no way of making people for sure stop, but we can let them know how much damage they are really causing. Using the R word is just like using any other derogatory word though. I have been called many deragotory names, unfortunately, and although many people do group together to stop and ban these things from happening there is noting that people really do to get people to stop.There will always be those people who do not care who or what they are hurting, so the best bet would to be to ignore the shenanigans.I know that I do not pay attention when people say such things to me because I just don't care much for dumb people. If i do see a person though that is getting called the R word I do try and help because they might not have the same 'i-don't-care' attitude as me. I sound a bit negative, I don't mean to, but in reality it is that negative because certain people just don't care because they do not have someone in their life that deals with a mental or physical disability. Banning the word is out of the question. People need to understand it and be informed and taught why it is not nice to use the word. With no information on why people are being told not to use it, then they'll use it anyways.
Here's The story of the mother:
Here's The story of the mother:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment